MARTINSBURG, WV — Governor Jim Justice today joined West Virginia Department of Arts, Culture and History (WVDACH) Curator Randall Reid-Smith in presenting seven arts grants and one historic preservation grant at the Martinsburg Train Station.
The awarded grants include:
Cultural Facilities Grants
Community Arts Project Support Grants
- Old Opera House Theatre Company in Charles Town will receive $99,999 for HVAC replacement project.
Arts Partners Grants
- Appalachian Chamber Music Company in Harpers Ferry will receive $15,540 for support for the summer festival and long-term planning.
- Contemporary American Theater Festival in Shepherdstown will receive $20,000 for support for the 2023 seasonal artists.
- Friends of Music in Shepherdstown will receive $20,000 for support for 3 Two Rivers Chamber Orchestra concerts.
Historic Preservation State Development Grant
- Morgan Arts Council in Berkeley Springs will receive $25,650 for general operating support grant.
- Old Opera House Theatre Company in Charles Town will receive $42,580 for general operating support grant.
An extension for an FY23 grant also will be awarded during the presentation to Berkeley County Commission in the amount of $70,000 for the Eastern West Virginia Museum of Culture and History roof replacement project.
- Berkeley County Roundhouse Authority in Martinsburg will receive $9,100 to replace downspouts and gutters on the West Roundhouse.