|GOV. JUSTICE REMINDS WEST VIRGINIANS OF LOOSENED RESTRICTIONS; URGES CONTINUED CAUTION|
Also today, Gov. Justice took time to remind West Virginians of his decision last week to once again loosen several COVID-19 restrictions, including lifting capacity restrictions on several types of West Virginia businesses, increasing the social gathering limit, and permitting more youth travel sports to take place.
These changes include:
All of these updates require individuals and businesses to continue following all applicable safety guidelines including, but not limited to, mandatory face coverings and social distancing.
- Restaurant and Bar Capacity Limit Increased
- The capacity limit for all restaurants and bars has been increased to 100% of their seating capacity. This change applies only if social distancing can be maintained between groups that arrive and sit together. Bars may only increase capacity to the extent that they have physical seating for every patron. No standing room for people to congregate will be allowed. [Executive Order 8-21]
- Small Business, Retail Store, and Grocery Store Capacity Limit Increased
- All previous capacity limitations for small businesses, retail stores, and grocery stores have been lifted.
- Gym, Fitness Center, and Museum Capacity Limit Increased
- The capacity limit for all gyms, fitness centers, and museums has been increased to 100% of their normal capacity.
- Social Gathering Limit Increased
- The limit for all purely social gatherings has been increased to 100 individuals. The limitation does not apply to any activity, business, or entity that has been deemed essential, such as religious services, weddings, group meetings, conferences, or other special events held for essential businesses and operations. [EO 8-21]
- Youth Travel Sports Permitted In All Non-Red Counties
- All youth travel sports are permitted to take place, except for games, practices, or any other types of competition within counties designated as “Red” in the DHHR’s County Alert System map. This restriction on Red counties does not apply to teams that play in defined, relatively small geographic areas, such as within a single county or a few counties in the state of West Virginia. [EO 8-21]
Click here to view all guidance documents