|CHARLESTON, WV – Gov. Jim Justice announced today that he has signed an Executive Order to further protect West Virginians in Berkeley, Jefferson, and Morgan counties as COVID-19 continues to spread in the Eastern Panhandle. |
View the Executive Order here.
|“To stop the spread of COVID-19 we MUST stay at home," Gov. Justice said. I’m going to continue to do everything I can to protect the health and safety of all West Virginians.”|
The Order applies to Berkeley, Jefferson, and Morgan counties ONLY and gives broad authority to their local health departments.
Provisions of the Executive Order include:
The Governor has directed his medical experts to continue to work with local health departments throughout West Virginia to ensure each county has the tools they need to best respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Limiting groups to a maximum of 5 people.
- Directing ALL businesses to require employees to work from home to the maximum extent possible.
- Directing the Local Health Departments to establish the maximum occupancy of and proper social distance within essential businesses and taking action to enforce these health regulations.
- Directing the West Virginia National Guard to provide logistical support and services to assist county agencies.
- Directing West Virginia State Police to assist with enforcement of local county orders.
For more information about COVID-19 prevention and more, call the State’s toll-free hotline at 1-800-887-4304 or visit Coronavirus.wv.gov.